Koh Samui, Thailand
- Charlie Dwyer
- +66 6112 7679
- 123/18 Moo 1 Bophut
Koh Samui, Suratthani
Welcome to Koh Samui, Thailand
Koh Samui has been providing professional yacht support services since 2002. The island of Koh Samui is now known throughout the world as one of the most beautiful tropical destinations.
It has been charming its visitors ever since the first tourists arrived in 1971. Those who experience Koh Samui are rewarded with an idyllic tropical retreat with little traffic, white-sand beaches, a sapphire-blue sea, an abundance of tantalizing Thai cuisine and an unusually warm and friendly people.
Koh Samui is just 21 kilometres at its widest point and 25 at its longest. Its hinterland consists of forests, hills of limestone and granite and the shoreline is made up of countless palm-fringed beaches and bays. The best (and most developed) beaches are at Chaweng and Lamai on the east coast, where you can now find a very wide range of accommodation, and both restaurants and nightspots to suit every taste. Bophut and Maenam, on the calmer north coast facing Koh Phangan, are also popular beaches offering a quieter, gentler holiday experience.
Koh Samui’s natural attractions include the coral beds at Laem Sed and Tong Takien, the Hin Lat and Na Muang waterfalls and the phallic rock formations at the southern end of Lamai bay – to identify just a handful.
And beyond the main island are many others well worth exploring – Koh Phangan (world famous for its monthly Full Moon Parties), Koh Tao (one of the best diving locations in Thailand) and Ang Thong National Marine Park (a compact archipelago of small and virtually untouched islands which are best explored by sea kayak).
There is a huge range of places to see and things to do on Koh Samui and its neighboring islands, and we hope that we can help you make the most of your holiday.
However you get here, it’s likely that your first sight of Koh Samui will be unforgettable – either traditional villages nestled in palm-fringed beaches or else Koh Samui’s beautiful and justly famous tropical airport.
In any event, you can be sure that from the moment you land, the beauty and relaxed atmosphere of this island will begin to catch you in its spell.
Some of our most recent customers include:
M/y Battered Bull
M/y Michea Rose
S/y Yanneke Too
- M/Y Amoha
- M/Y Anna
- M/Y Battered Bull
- M/Y Christine
- M/Y Double Haven
- M/Y Happy Days
- M/Y Keri Lee III
- M/Y Michea Rose
- M/Y Rasa
- M/Y Saphire
- S/Y Vertigo
- S/Y Yanneke Too
Recent News about Koh Samui, Thailand
- June 12, 2022
- Thailand Visa Fee Exemption for International Arrivals Proposed
- May 25, 2022
- Thailand’s revised rules effective June 1st￼
- April 27, 2022
- No more tests to Thailand for fully vaccinated travellers from May 1st
- April 2, 2021
- Yacht Quarantine to Thailand Reduced & More
- September 16, 2020
- Thailand Reopening With New 90 day Visa
- September 1, 2018
- APS Sets Sail for Monaco Yacht Show
- August 16, 2018
- Asia Pacific Superyachts a Perfect Match for Asia-Pacific Superyacht Association
- August 10, 2018
- Asia Pacific Superyachts Returns to Monaco Yacht Show
- April 12, 2018
- Samui’s growing appeal… or, why wait for a marina?
- October 7, 2017
- 2nd Annual APS Times premiere at Monaco Yacht Show
- September 28, 2017
- The APS Times, Edition 2017, is out!
- September 16, 2017
- Asia Pacific Superyachts Bringing Best to Monaco
- August 20, 2017
- Asia Pacific Superyachts to showcase at Monaco Yacht Show
- June 23, 2017
- Captain Charlie Dwyer’s World of Superyachts
- May 4, 2017
- Cruising the Other Side of Thailand…
- November 1, 2016
- The APS Times is out!
- September 9, 2016
- APS ready for Monaco Yacht Show
- August 9, 2016
- Asia Pacific Superyachts Team Returns to Monaco
- April 24, 2016
- APS Regions score high in TripAdvisor “Travelers’ Choice Awards for Islands” 2016
- November 25, 2015
- Koh Samui feature in AP Boating
- October 16, 2015
- New Superyacht marina and changing Thai regulations in Koh Samui
- October 11, 2015
- Successful APS Brand Debut at Monaco
- September 4, 2015
- Asia Pacific Superyachts Agents Onboard at MYS
- September 2, 2015
- A round up of Thailand’s Top 10 Yachting Destinations
- August 13, 2015
- New Exciting Superyacht Destinations
- August 8, 2015
- APS Superyacht e-Brochure Launched!
- August 5, 2015
- Thai charter update
- June 13, 2015
- Super yachts expected to get the nod to sail in Thai waters
- May 16, 2015
- Thai government targets wealthy superyacht charter market
- April 19, 2015
- New Superyacht Dive Destination: Gulf of Siam
- December 15, 2014
- Thailand’s Stunning Superyacht Stays
- pdf 'Navigating Asia' THAILAND The Superyacht Report OCT 2014
- APS-AGM-Charter-World 11-21-11
- pdf APS 'Samui Interview' 37 South Yacht Charter NZ
- pdf 'Discovering Samui' The Crew Report 10-27-14
- pdf 'Siamese Dream' Samui The Superyacht Owner Sept 2012
- SAMUI 'growing no. of superyachts' Super Yacht News 7-15-12
- Fraser - Thailand
Our Services To The Captains
- Cruise planning in our region
- Clearance in our region
- Visa and bond arrangements
- Dockage and pilot arrangements
- Helicopter authorization
- Charter license
- GSM cards and SAT TV decoder rentals
- Parcel or express mail clearance and export
- Shipyard coordination
- Accounting and banking facilities
- Charter APA and tax management
Our Services To The Engineers
- Duty free fuel
- Jet fuel and gasoline
- Lube oil supply and used oil / Sludge removal
- Engine parts and supplies
- Repairs and maintenance jobs
- Metal fabrication
Our Services To The Deck Officers
- Deck parts and supplies with discounts
- Day workers
- Repairs and maintenance jobs
- Security and ISPS arrangements
Our Services To The Galley
- Fresh provisions
- Beverages and wine supplies
- Galley parts and supplies
- Wine tasting
Our Services To The Interior Department
- Carpet cleaning
- Flower arrangements
- Interior cleaning supplies
- Appliance repairs and maintenance
- Laundry and dry cleaning
- Beauty & grooming products
Our Services To The Owners And Charter Guests
- Car rental at preferred rates
- Airport meet& greet and transport
- Charter planes and helicopters
- Concierge services
- Cruise planning and itineraries
- Dive guides
- Guided tours and excursions
- Hotel bookings at preferred rates
- Massage, spa and beauty care
- Traditional dance shows in various islands
- Yacht and fishing boat charter
Our Services To The Crew
- Banking assistance
- Medical care
- Preferred rates on many hotels
- Car hire and tours
- Travel arrangements
“I had met Charlie while he was captaining Yanakee Too so knew he would understand our needs and also that no one would know Koh Samui and the surrounding islands better than him. His understanding of Thailand and the needs of a superyacht from a captain’s perspective is invaluable. Charlie and his team proved to be extremely efficient and competent. Charlie was always very upfront and honest to work with. There was need to explain what we wanted he just seemed to understand perfectly and have a simple solution to any request. The owner, guests and ourselves had a wonderful time in the Koh Samui area not onlv for its beauty but also due to the excellent service Charlie and his team gave us.”
Captain Barry de Koek
“I would like to take this opportunity to thank you and the support staff at Asia Pacific Superyachts (APS) Samui for all your efforts and excellent service. The wealth of local knowledge and experience has made our visit to Koh Samui and the Gulf of Thailand a memorable, hassle-free and enjoyable experience. You and your staff were courteous, knowledgeable and a real pleasure to work with. The whole experience from check-in to departure has been exemplary. Koh Samui and its surrounding islands are a great place for a superyacht to visit and with your expertise it was an absolute pleasure.”
Captain Derek Flanagan
If weather is NE Monsoon Great Weather
Boat is in location outside Chaweng Beach 09 29 097 N 100 04 453 E
If weather is SE Monsoon of generally bad
Boat is in location outside Chaweng Beach 09 35 160 N 100 01 980 E
Arrive by plane to Koh Samui airport. Car is to pick up the guest at the airport. We can request that VIP check In formalities be carried out aboard the plane. Driver will take guests to the boat for refreshments and unpacking.
Swimming off the boat in Chaweng Beach is great. The beach is beautiful.
A Van and driver will pick up guests at 09:30 and take them to the Fish Temple. This is a great way to start the day as you will get to see the workings a Thai Wat (Temple). You should be there before noon and bring gifts that can be purchased at the local markets. Perhaps a special blessing can be arranged. Your guide will explain the do’s and don’ts of Thai Culture in order that both Societies feel more comfortable in their surroundings For the children I would suggest an elephant ride before lunch.
It is now the hot time of the day and the gusts should go back to the boat for lunch and a swim. As the afternoon cools the older guests should go ashore for a 2 hr pampering session at the Tamarind Springs or Eranda Spas.
This may be a good time for the younger ones to visit the Canopy Top adventures and explore Koh Samui from the Tree Tops.
I believe an early start is the way to start this day. It is time to explore the surrounding islands that Koh Samui has to offer in the immediate area. The boat will relocate to the Anthong National Park for some Kayaking and trekking. Anthong National Park is located a mere 22 NM from Chaweng Beach. The boat will anchor in 6 meters off the coast at 09 38 193 N 099 40 708 E
From here the tender can be launched and sent to the shore where a park ranger will have your kayaks ready and waiting There is also a short walk that made by all. Anthong National Park is not a good overnight anchorage and I suggest that after a long day at the park perhaps it would be better to relocate to the next Island of Koh Phangan
The boat relocates to Hat Rin Beach Koh Phangan 09 40 537 N 100 04 540 E This is the beach that is famous for the Full Moon parties. If you are there on a full moon “HoldOn to your ears and keep the children close by”. This is a foreign invention and not a Thai invention although most of the Thais do participate.
Everybody tired from yesterdays adventures?? Well snorkeling in the mooring and perhaps a walk on the beach. Boat should relocate to Koh Tao. In the late afternoon 10 07 522 N 099 49 183 This is a great island and is famous for its diving. Just off the beach are some great snorkeling areas. For the more adventurous there is the famous pinnacle mounts located a mere 2-3 Nm from the shore. This is the best diving in the Gulf of Siam.
I think you have been at sea for long enough and it is now time to regroup back in Koh Samui. This will be a 40 NM mile trip and will run you back along the coast of Koh Phangan . If I may I would suggest a cultural dance show at one of the local hotels
The boat re locates to Koh Chang after dinner. 200 NM from Koh Samui
Discovering Koh Chang and the surrounding islands. 12 09 048 N 102 19 304
There are lots of little bays and Islands in the area for exploring.
Fishing Villages – Bang Bao fishing Village
Located on the South West of the Island Bang Bao is a pretty photogenic villag. The houses are built on stilts embedded in the sea floor and connected to each other by wooden bridges.
Bang Bao is an extremely popular place to go for fresh seafood. There are plenty of restaurants to choose from and a growing number of tourist orientated shops.
Bang Bao is also the gateway to the neighbouring Islands and to some of the best scuba diving spots around Koh Chang. Accommodation is in the form of guesthouses, rooms to rent and home stays.
Located on the South East of the Island this is the oldest community on Koh Chang. Fishing is the main source of income in the village. However in recent times tourism in the form of home stays has brought a new flow of cash to the area. For those of you who wish to experience how the Thai people truly live this could be an interesting option.
The Beach is not suitable for swimming but you can charter yachts and organize fishing trips through the Yacht club in Salakphet. The Seafood restaurant there is one of the main reasons tourists visit the area.
This is another day for exploring the Koh Chang area with all its diversity.
I suggest hat the guests fly to Bangkok and explore the Temples, The Grand palace and floating market for a few days before meeting the boat in Ho Chi Min City (Siagon)
Check Out for boat can be from Koh Chang
Guest arrangements can be made to fly to Bangkok or Chang Mai before flight to Vietnam